Friday, October 4, 2013

Every Story has a Beginning, and this is Mine.


I am going to tell you a little bit about how I got started with my fandoms, I will tell you about myself in later weeks, but this information is must know stuff in order for my blog to make any sense. 

I met Olan Rogers over the Summer!
What is a fandom you might ask? A fandom is a group of people that are obsessed with a show, book, movie, person, etc. they go beyond liking it and into obsessing over it. My fandoms are Doctor Who, Supernatural, Harry Potter, Olan Rogers, Starkid, John Green books, and Sherlock. There are many many more but these are the main ones. How I got into fandoms was with Starkid and Harry Potter. Starkid is a group of friends that put on musicals that they write and post them on youtube. They made one, well actually three, Harry Potter Musicals that are up on youtube, I saw the first one in seventh grade and I became obsessed. I already loved Harry Potter and now there were musicals about it! After weeks of obsessing I went onto Tumblr because other fans were there and that is where it all went down hill.

I even took an awkward prom picture with him!
Tumblr is my life now. At first I would just look at a few things every couple of weeks but then I started noticing Doctor Who posts, and I began watching it, because if these people who loved Starkid loved Doctor Who it must be an amazing show! I finished 6 seasons in two weeks. I then began to get on Tumblr everyday, seeing things  about Supernatural and John Green. I didn't have time to watch Supernatural so I decided to read John Green's books, I fell in love with each one I read. Over the summer I decided that it was time I began watching Supernatural, I am not watching it as quickly as I did with Doctor Who. Sounds good right? WRONG! I do not have time to watch Supernatural because I am on Tumblr for at least 2 hours a day. Plus on top of this I have all honors and an AP class, and at least 2.5 hours of Volleyball everyday. So no, as you can see I do not have as much time as I wish to watch Supernatural.

Although fandoms are one of the worsts things to ever happen to me I think that they are possibly one of the best. They take me away from my problems, from reality, and they give me a certain happiness that nothing else can, the other fangirls understand my pain and grieving over fictional characters and they don’t judge me. Because of my fandoms and Tumblr I have made one of my closest friends over the internet who I love to death. So although they totally ruined my life, they also helped save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment