Saturday, November 2, 2013

How to Ruin Your Life in 485 Pages

These past two days my life has been completely ruined. I read an amazing book, The Mortal Instruments City of Bones, and although I loved it and couldn't put down it made me so mad I almost don't want to read the next one. It is perfectly written, I love what it is about, and it has the sweetest romance ever in it, but there is one crucial flaw in it.
 In the book the two main characters, Jace and Clary, have astounding chemistry, they kiss, they fall in love with each other, and she helps him for the better, sounds perfect right? That was what I thought too, they most definitely should have ended up together, but there might be one tiny problem with their romance. Once everything seems perfect the author drops an atomic bomb on us, one that should not have ever been dropped, she tells us, after they kiss and everything, they they are brother and sister. HOW AWFUL IS THAT? What author thinking? Oh hey, let me give you the cutest people in the world together and hey how about I make them brother and sister? Haha, wouldn't that just be great? News flash, it most definitely was not.

The cover of the life ruiner.
Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Bones_(Mortal_Instruments)
I am a sucker for romance, I can ship anything there is to ship, and I shipped Clace, Clary and Jaces ship name, I shipped it hard. She had two boys at her feet, Jace, and her best friend Simon. I do not like Simon, he is sweet and all, and she loves him, but he just isn’t the same as Jace. I have fallen in love with Jace, and I have fallen in love with the idea of him being in love with Clary, but I can’t think that way anymore. There are still five more books in the series, so hopefully the author will turn things around and change it back, but I think that if she does reveal that they aren’t related things won’t be able to go back to being the same. Would you be able to fall back in love with some one after falling in love with them, learning that they are your sibling then learning that they aren’t? I don’t know if I could. But we will have to see how things turn out, and hopefully the other books will unruin my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment