Friday, November 15, 2013

The story is fictional, but the pain is real.

If you are looking for a good heartbreak I would recommend that you read The Mortal Instruments series. Here's how the emotional roller coaster of this series goes: It gives you a heart, a perfect heart, then it throws it on the ground, but still it is a perfect heart, growing more and more perfect by the day while it is on the ground, then it steps on it, IT FRICKING SMASHES IT, oh but no wait it bandages it up better than its original state, then it takes it back and cuts it up into little tiny pieces, it steps on it, it catches it on fire, but douses the fire for a quick moment, SO THAT IT CAN THROW IT INTO THE FIERY PITS OF HELL AND IT LET'S IT BURN AND BURN AND BURN, but then it takes it back out, charred and everything, gives it to you bandaged up, burnt to a crisp but still functional, then they decide yolo and take it back, and they squeeze it up, and they still hold possession of it, they probably will do more torture to it too when the new book comes out.

The titles of all five books that are out (the sixth comes out in May), and part of the covers.
Photo Cred: https://weheartit.com/entry/63024653
I'm sorry for that tale of what my heart has been through over the past week and a half, but as  I said before the story is fictional, but the pain is real. I am the kind of person who never cries about any of my problems, but when it comes to fictional problems I will sob so hard I won't be able to breathe. I fall in love with all of these characters and they just end up breaking my heart every single time! But I have to admit, I couldn't stop loving any of them if I tried. I am so worried about their problems that I don't even worry about myself anymore. I may not have many friends, but I do have an infinite amount of fictional characters who will always be there.

This picture basically shows each character perfectly.
From left to right they are: Clary, Simon (Clary's best friend), Jace (Clary's boyfriend, well, it's complicated), Alec (Jace's brother-ish dude), and Izzy (Alec and Jace's sister and Simon's girlfriend).
Photo Cred: http://www.theyoungfolks.com/review/gabys-movie-review-the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones/23324
Lately I haven’t been very happy, but these books have brought me so much joy that I would just start laughing randomly during class, nothing has brought me this much happiness since I watched Doctor Who for the first time. I am completely in love with all of the characters and with everything about their story. I don’t care how nerdy and sad this all sounded because these books have brought me true happiness, and I haven’t been as into something as I have with these books. Crying, laughing, cheering, I did it all, I winced when they winced, I cried when they cried, I felt it all, and I have to say, I am totally okay that I have let this story do this to me.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about all of this! I feel more passionately about characters' problems than my own. These characters and their amazing worlds are always there for you when you need them, so really they're like friends, but better. Nerds unite!

    ReplyDelete