Thursday, December 19, 2013

Soul Destroyer AKA The Fault in Our Stars

In my life I have not had much luck with those of the opposite gender. I have never had any romantic relations with the boys that I have liked which doesn't bother me because A) I am too young and have not had the right circumstances for any great romance in my life, B) I have plenty of other fictional romances to keep me occupied, and C) I am too busy with other things to be involved romantically with boys. Sadly I am totally okay with not having any romance in my life so far, because I have other romances that make me even happier.




This book came out almost two years ago and the movie
comes out in June! You all can expect to see me
sobbing my face off at the movie theatre when it comes out.
Photo Cred: The Fault in Our Stars Movie Fansite
A favorite of mine is a very well known book, The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. Many teenage girls read it and cry over it and I even know some teenage boys who have too. Now I know what a lot of people are thinking, that is such a typical book for a teenage girl to like, everyone likes it, this girl should read more original books. But have any of you thought that maybe The Fault in Our Stars is so popular because it is an amazing book? Wow, isn't that crazy, a well written romantic teenage book is liked by a lot of teenage girls? How unheard of! 

Sadly I am not a normal fan that can just read it and sigh because it is over, then move on from it and never read it again. No, I have read that book eight times. Whenever I get bored and don't have any books to read I just read it. I have become so familiar with it that reading its pages is comforting, I like coming back to a book that becomes more amazing each time I read it. But don't get me wrong, I still have not gotten over it, no matter how many times I have read it, I still cry every time.

Besides the book being written perfectly, I love the romance so much. I love almost any romance really, I have sort of fallen in love with love. When I am reading a romance I get the butterflies in my tummy with the characters, I laugh and scream and throw the book, I cry and smile and giggle as if it were happening to me. And in The Fault in Our Stars I did all of those, I cried mostly but I laughed a lot too and screamed at the book and I have to admit, I threw it a couple of times. There are only few romances that will be as perfect, as romantic, as poetic and beautiful as Hazel and Augustus’s. This fictional couple has set unfairly high expectations for my future husband, but it has also helped me see light in dark times, and it has lifted me up and made me smile. This fictional couple helps to give me hope and bring joy, so although it is just a book about two cancer patients falling in love, it is so much more than that to me.

1 comment: