Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My brain is whack

I would like to start off this post by telling everyone reading this that mental illnesses do not define people. The chemicals in their brain may be out of whack but they are not broken, they are still people. People can not control their mental illnesses like people can not control their cancer or diabetes or any other physical illness.


I suffer from multiple mental illnesses, clinical (maybe manic) depression, generalized and social anxiety, and my therapist is thinking bipolar, but then again maybe that is just my crazy teenage girl acting up. I cannot control these mental illnesses completely, I can take my medications and go to treatment but other than that I have no control over it. No one really does. My mental illnesses do not make me any less of a person, just as cancer doesn't make anyone else any less of a person. I know that they are both drastically different but they are both uncontrollable and can ruin lives.

A very lovely quote for you all.
Photo cred: Love this pic
The thing about my mental illness is that I had suffered from it for almost three years without almost anyone knowing. I thought that I didn't suffer from it because I couldn't, my life was too good and I had
nothing to be that depressed about, yet it happened. It is totally okay to fell like you suffer from depression, just don't label yourself that way. Also, if you are feeling like you are suffering from depression TALK TO SOMEONE. I really don't care who. You can come talk to me or you can talk to your mom or anyone just please, get help. I didn't get help and look where I ended up.

Depression sucks. Anxiety sucks. Whatever else I suffer from SUCKS. Just getting out of bed in the morning is a huge accomplishment for me. Please do not romanticize them or make them seem like there is anything good about mental illnesses because no. There is nothing that is beautiful or happy about them. You never know who could be suffering from one, so please remember to be kind, know that people cannot control the chemicals in their brains, and mental illnesses DO NOT DEFINE ANYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment